How to add tracking codes 💡
- Why you should use Google Analytics
- Adding the Analytics Tracking ID
- Quick method
- Manual method
Why you should use Google Analytics
It’s useful to use Google Analytics (GA) on your website for several reasons.
First of all, GA is the best because it’s free and it’s giving you much more data (who and when visits your site, etc) than any other free analytics software.
Secondly, GA makes it easy for anyone managing a site to track and analyze these data. Its custom reports allow you to see your data the way you need to see it, whenever you need it.
Lastly, everybody trusts Google Analytics data. Currently, around 55% of 10,000 most popular websites are using it and it's in 49.95% of the top 1,000,000 websites.
Adding the Analytics Tracking ID
- Login to your Admin Panel -> Integrations.
- Add your Google Analytics Global Tag snippet into the Analytics Global Tag field.
- Click SAVE.
You can change the content of the Analytics Global Tag field whenever you want by following the same process.
This will work if you need to add any other tracking code, but if you have a code from your provider just use this method.
- Login to your Admin Panel -> Settings -> General.
- Paste your tracking code into the HTML in HEAD element field or into the HTML in footer field.
- Click SAVE.